Sunday School Registration Form can be found here.
Every Sunday between 9:15 and 10:10 am we offer Sunday school for students in age 3 through grade 8.
Whether you are new to Sunday School at St. John's or are returning this fall, we are thrilled that you and your children will be involved in the program. We are confident that each and every student will have a meaningful experience in which they grow in faith and knowledge of the Christian tradition. We’re sure they’ll have plenty of fun, too!
Here are some things for you to know as we approach the start of the year:
- Rally Sunday this year will be September 20. As always, we will begin at 9:20 in Luther Hall and conclude with a fun-filled all-parish picnic following the 10:30 service.
- Sunday School begins at 9:20 and ends at 10:15. We ask that parents and guardians be prompt in dropping off and picking up students in order to accommodate everyone’s busy schedule.
- The calendar for the year includes important events and dates with no Sunday School. Please keep it in a safe place so you can keep up with what’s going on!
- Age 2 through Grade 5 classes will begin each morning at 9:20 with a brief time of devotions and song in Luther Hall. Students in Grade 6 and up will go directly to their classrooms.
- The 7-12 class is using the new Re:Form curriculum, which tackles important issues of faith in a way that is meaningful for teenagers. The class meets in the Youth Room. Come check it out!
- There will be no offering collected during opening devotions on Rally Sunday. Beginning September 27 there will be an offering collected each week during devotions for our younger students; any offerings brought by our older students (Grades 6 and up) will be collected when attendance is taken. Envelopes will be distributed on Rally Sunday during class.
- We will also participate in certain drives throughout the year. These provide an excellent opportunity for our kids to lend their helping hands to others and to learn about the needs of our community and world. These will be announced through flyers and notices in the weekly bulletin
- Flyers for future Sunday School and Christian Education activities will be handed out in class, posted on the Sunday School Desk and printed in the weekly worship bulletin. Please keep your eyes out for these important announcements.
With you and your child’s participation, we look forward to another terrific year of learning, playing and growing together!
St. John's Online Giving Program
Thinking about making a special gift to our church? Our wish list can be found here.